What is Respite?
- Adult Day Health Center Respite Scholarship
- Respite Voucher (reimbursement for in-home)
- Adult Day Health Centers: Your family member has a safe place to go while you (the caregiver) enjoy a break from caregiving. We pay the day center for up to 96 hours.
- Respite Voucher: You arrange for respite, usually in your own home. You can hire an agency, or you can ask a trusted friend or neighbor to come and stay with your family member. You pay them, then you send us the receipt and timesheet and we reimburse you.
- Caregiver must live full-time with the family member (care recipient).
- Caregiver and care recipient can not be receiving any other respite services paid with federal, state or insurance funds.
- The care recipient needs constant care and cannot be left alone.
- For ADHC only: The caregiver is not working outside the home.