See also: Arizona Respite Network or How to be an advocate
Let’s support family caregivers!
You can sign on to this campaign and help us spread this message and acknowledge family and informal caregivers. Please submit one of the following forms, individual or organization, and we will add your name or your organization’s name to a list below.
We all want to live and thrive in the place of our choice, including older adults, persons with a disability or chronic illness, and persons with dementia. Informal caregivers make this possible: family members, friends, neighbors. They help with shopping and cooking and provide transportation. They assist with personal care and keeping the home clean. They provide time and love and care. The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the emotional and economic strain on family caregivers due to isolation, social distancing, and challenges in accessing supportive services and health care. It is more important than ever for informal / family caregivers to take care of themselves: take a break, relax with a book or take a walk, take care of their own health.
With this campaign, we recognize the contributions of informal caregivers and their need for support to help them balance their personal lives with caring responsibilities.
- We recognize informal / family caregivers in their special role as they care for others.
- We want them to know how to access information, resources and services including support groups and respite.
- We support them in their decision to ask for help and not feel guilty about taking care of themselves.
- James Fitzpatrick, Phoenix, knows family and informal caregivers
- Cathy Gaudio, Phoenix, knows informal caregivers
- Jutta Ulrich, Phoenix, was a caregiver
- Bonnie Phillips, Mesa, I am an informal caregiver
- Stephanie Roberts, Tucson, I know informal caregivers
- Nydia Montijo-Soto, Phoenix, I am an informal caregiver; I know informal caregivers
- Angelica Canez, Gilbert, I am an informal caregiver; I know one or more informal caregivers
- Kathrine Steele-Watson, Phoenix, I know one or more informal caregivers
- Catherine McKenna Matina, Sedona I am an informal caregiver
- Cathy LaSusa, El Mirage, I am an informal caregiver
- Bonnie Danowski, Scottsdale, I am an informal caregiver; I was an informal caregiver
- Pamela Goode, Phoenix, I am an informal caregiver; I am a professional caregiver
- Leonora Escobar, TUCSON, I am a professional caregiver
- Marilyn Nelson, Sanders, I am an informal caregiver
- Natalie Conway, Queen Creek, I am an informal caregiver
- Kim Tate, Dewey, I know one or more informal caregivers; I was an informal caregiver
- Janet Richards, Phoenix, I am an informal caregiver
- Lisa O'Neill, Tucson, I was an informal caregiver
- Paloma Delgado, Phoenix, I am an informal caregiver
- Kevin Ellison, Chandler, I am an informal caregiver
- Amy Bouschart-Callea, Scottsdale, I am an informal caregiver
- Dan Taylor, Mesa, I was an informal caregiver
- Qi Wu, Phoenix, I know several informal caregivers
- Merry Grace, Maricopa, AZ, I am an informal caregiver