Adult Day Health Centers
Caregiving can be demanding. To help caregivers take a break, the Arizona Caregiver
Coalition offers caregiver respite at no cost. We work with Adult Day Health Centers
throughout Arizona to provide this respite. You (the caregiver) can get a break and your
loved one can engage in activities.
The Arizona Caregiver Coalition see Adult Day Health Centers as a wonderful option for
caregivers and their loved ones. Information about the Centers we work with is below. To
learn more about our program, call us at 888-737-7494 or visit our Respite
page. You can also contact any Center directly and ask about programs and
Lucy Anne’s Place
16752 N. Greasewood St
Surprise, Arizona 85378
8133 W. Cactus Rd
Peoria, Arizona 85381
14601 N. Del Webb Blvd
Sun City, AZ 85351
Helping Partners Program
14601 N. Del Webb Blvd
Sun City, AZ 85351
15800 N. Del Webb Blvd
Sun City, Arizona 85351
All people can benefit from the opportunity to connect with others in meaningful ways, no matter
their age or medical diagnosis. The staff of caring professionals that create the Benevilla Life
Enrichment Programs make sure those meaningful experiences happen every day at their programs and
that their members lives are positively impacted with every visit.
Benevilla has five life enrichment programs. Each one with unique and specialized programming.
- Lucy Anne’s Place is specifically for people who have early to moderate stages of
Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Wellness and lifelong learning classes are offered
throughout the day. The optional intergenerational program promotes unique interactions between members enrolled in Lucy Anne’s Place and children enrolled in Wirtzie’s Preschool & Childcare.
- The West Valley Life Enrichment Program supports those who live in Peoria, Glendale, and parts of Phoenix. There are diverse members such as stroke survivors, those with Parkinson’s, dementia, and older adults with intellectual disabilities. Creative Aging and Wellness classes are offered throughout the day, as well as outings, gardening, and monthly musical entertainment.
- Mary’s Place is for those experiencing moderate to advanced Alzheimer’s and other related dementias.This customized memory-care program combines health care and life-enriching therapeutic creative aging programming to meet the unique needs of each individual. Mary’s Place focuses on the individual strengths of the members and their “life story,” working toward improving the member’s overall wellbeing.
- Fun, safe and inspiring, the Helping Partners Life Enrichment Program is designed for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The program provides a multitude of activities and also exposes members to several volunteer opportunities, giving them a chance to bolster their self-confidence and give back to the community. Their Group Supported Employment (“GSE”) program provides members with employment skills, training and opportunities.
- The Restorative program is designed for those who have Parkinson’s, are a survivor of a stroke, or have had a fall-related injury. Creative Aging and Wellness are the main focus of this program. Specially designed exercise equipment and staff trained in Restorative Therapy provide a unique opportunity for members to live their lives to the fullest.
Foundation for Senior Living
For adults 18 years and older, who need support and assistance during the day, FSL’s adult day health services program offers exceptional care from trained professionals. FSL provides your loved one with a variety of therapeutic activities, rehabilitation and companionship in state-licensed, secure and attractive centers.
Registered Nurses provide nursing supervision, including medication administration and healthcare monitoring, while staff also ensure your loved one’s personal care needs are met. With peace of mind, you can complete business, run errands, work, or simply relax at home during the day, confident in knowing that your loved one is being cared for in a professional, personalized and loving environment.
- Nursing Supervision
- Individualized Care Plans
- Nutritious Meals and Snacks
- Therapeutic Recreational Activities
- Daily Exercise
- Personal Care including Bathing
- Community Outings
- Special Events
- Caregiver Support
- Specialized Dementia Programs
- Specialized Young Adult Program
- Restorative Therapy
- Limited Transportation
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
6010 West Northern Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85301
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
3620 North 4th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
Monday – Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
2234 East Maryland Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
1640 N Pearl Rd.
Casa Grande, AZ 85122
Caliche Adult Day Club enables family/caregivers to have respite from caregiving duties while knowing that their loved one is in a safe place, socializing and enjoying activities in a group setting, while still receiving needed health-related and personal care services .
Planned activities are tailored to the participants’ abilities and health conditions, and may encompass such things as arts & crafts, musical entertainment, sing-a-longs, mental stimulation games, bingo, stretching or gentle exercise, discussion groups (for books, films, or current events, for example), holiday birthday celebrations, and local outings.
Center staff can help with the activities of daily living such as grooming, toilet hygiene, walking, etc.
Caliche Adult Day Club can provide transportation for any local outings and for an additional fee center staff can help with transportation to and from the facility as well.
7550 East Adobe Street
Mesa, Arizona 85207
247 North Macdonald
Mesa, Arizona 85201
OCC offers a research-based, cutting edge, person-directed care model focusing on strengths, interests, and wellness that allows Members to remain at home with their families while remaining engaged with purpose and meaning.
OCC Clubs offer a wide range of musical experiences from jam sessions to drumming circles and music history classes to performers as a way of bringing emotion and memories back to the person.
Cognitive Engagement Sessions utilize history, discussion, creative writing, storytelling, poetry, and philosophy to expand conversations, promote critical thinking, and increase memory retention.
Research suggests that even when the brain is deteriorating and causing impairments in thinking, memory, and judgement; individuals can visually communicate through the creative center of the brain even when they are no longer verbal. Teaching artists facilitate hands on learning experiences in painting, mixed media, sculpting, and woodworking.
OCC’s nursing team provides medical oversight, assists with personal care, medication administration, nutrition counseling, and family support and education to support both the member and family care partner
4120 N 20th St.
The ‘School For Seniors’ was founded in 2015. The word School was inspired by the program’s participants.
SFS was designed to be innovative, fun, and lively. The goal is to help the members of the SunTree family, some of whom have dementia, bask in a sense of belonging. Kindness and respect are key elements of the program.
The curriculum touches on topics that are quirky and in the here-and-now. The school likes to shake it up by offering group electives such as boxing, music, and art. Humor runs wild!
School for Seniors® is based on the philosophy that staff, caregivers, and students work with seniors in order to find (and recover) purpose, identity, and self-worth while helping them establish a social routine.
Pictured: Leola is showing off her school pride (Photo taken by her daughter Joanie, a family caregiver)
John C. Lincoln Medical Center
250 E Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85020
To schedule a tour and a personal interview call 602-870-6374
Honor Health provides enrichment programming for older adults and those physically or cognitively challenged. These adults receive affordable personal care and supervision in a safe, secure environment. Their family caregivers get time to run errands or get rest from their day-to-day caregiving responsibilities.
Honor Health’s comprehensive program helps adults maintain an active lifestyle by encouraging independence and health. The center’s enrichment program includes:
- Therapeutic social and community activities
- Arts and crafts
- Table games and bingo
- Musical entertainment
- Nursing care, personal care from certified caregivers, and social services
- Delicious and nutritional breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack
- Door-to-door transportation
Rates are $85 per day. Honor Health will work with families to determine if they qualify for financial assistance through the Area Agency on Aging, Arizona Long Term Care Services, Veterans Administration, or Honor Health Scholarships.
3407 N Windsong Drive
Prescott Valley, Arizona 86314
The Susan J Rheem Adult Day Center has been serving its quad city communities for over 35 years providing a safe and secure place for people to enjoy socialization, activities, entertainment, good nutrition and some health monitoring by their team of professional care givers and nurses. Participants enjoy engaging in a fun and therapeutic day program while their caregivers enjoy some well deserved time off.
SJR offers: assistance with walking, eating and using the restroom; Nutritious meals and snacks; activities, classes & woodworking program Click here to see the Activity Calendar; entertainment and fun outings; therapeutic Horticulture program; transportation (as available); personal care; health monitoring by a Nurse; and Social Services.