DAVID BESST AWARD
The David Besst award is presented to an individual and/or organization that has made a significant contribution in family caregiving. The award honors the awardees but also David Besst, who untiringly worked to establish resources and respite for family caregivers.
David Besst Award Recipients
- Embodies the spirit of caregiving
- Champions the rights of caregivers through advocacy and education
- Promotes and supports the cause of caregiving throughout Arizona
- Upholds and reflects the mission and vision of the Arizona Caregiver Coalition
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with partners in the community to further the cause of caregiving using best practices
- Must be an Arizona resident
Nominations are due at the beginning of each year and a selection will be made in February. Honorees will be recognized with a plaque at the Family Caregiver Day at the Arizona Capitol.
David Besst was the Family Caregiver Specialist at the Department of Economic Security.