Please Keep Checking for Updates!
FAMILY CAREGIVER DAY AT THE CAPITOL,
AND Thursday April 6th, 2023 (Phoenix Wesley Bolin Plaza)
ZoomPhoenix Wesley Bolin Plaza
- Policy Updates, Brendon Blake, AARP
- A Day in the Life of a Caregiver, Michele Thorne, Care 4 the Caregiver,
- David Besst Award, Arizona Caregiver Coalition
Sign Language interpreters and close captioning provided by the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the hard of hearing.
We will post the agenda and topics when available. Please check back often.
- Learn about our campaign “Support for Family Caregivers” and become a supporter (click here)
- Care kits donated by the Intertribal Council of Arizona
- Closed captioning and sign language interpretation provided by the AZ Commission for the Deaf and hard of Hearing
- We thank all our sponsors for their generous support
Brandon Baxter is a Program Manager for Aging and Adult Programs at the NACOG Area Agency on Aging. He is also the President of the Board of the Arizona Caregiver Coalition. Brandon is also a caregiver to his mother and lives with his wife and three daughters in Northern Arizona.
Dana Marie Kennedy, State Director AARP Arizona
Brendon Blake is the Associate State director for Advocacy at AARP Arizona and has been there in multiple capacities since 2016. He focuses on advocacy work at the local, state, and federal levels, working on a variety of issues such as transportation, financial security, and healthcare. Previously, Brendon worked in the areas of public housing and mental health. He has a passion to help people in whatever capacity he can. Brendon was born and raised in Phoenix, and has Master’s degrees in both Social Work and Public Administration from Arizona State University.
How do I register?
We will send the registration link in January.
How can I sign up for respite services?
Call or e-mail us to ask about our respite vouchers.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please e-mail email@example.com.