Please Keep Checking for Updates!
FAMILY CAREGIVER DAY AT THE CAPITOL, March 5, 2020
Thank you for helping to make this a great event!
The Family Caregiver Day at the Capitol is for family caregivers, friends, and supporters to learn about current issues and policies affecting caregiving. The Arizona Caregiver Coalition will present the David Besst Award to an individual whose works and deeds have served to improve the quality of life for family caregivers and has inspired us to greater heights.
- Location: the State Capitol – Executive Tower at 1700 West Washington Street, Phoenix
Key Agenda Items:
- 10:30 Welcome and Introductions
- 10:45 Presentation: How to talk to your legislators, David Lujan, Arizona Center for Economic Progress
- 11:00 Guests: Senator Kate Brophy-McGee, Senator Heather Carter, Senator Lela Alston
- 11:30 Caregiver Stories and lunch
- 12:00 David Besst Award
- 12:30 Presentations: Dana Kennedy: AARP Caregiving Priorities; Jon Meyers, The Arc: Supported Decision Making; Sherry Griffin, Benevilla: Arizona Grandparent Ambassadors, Mary Beals-Luedtka: Areas Agency on Aging Caregiver Programs
How many people can attend?
The Third floor conference roomy holds about 80 people. This event will fill up quickly and we expect a waiting list. Please be kind and release your tickets if you are unable to attend.
How can I sign up for respite services?
You will have an opportunity to designate the desire for respite services when you register for the event. Also you can call or e-mail us to ask about our respite vouchers.