Please Keep Checking for Updates! Registration open!
FAMILY CAREGIVER DAY AT THE CAPITOL, March 11, 2021
Thank you for helping to make this a great event!
The Family Caregiver Day at the Capitol is for family caregivers, friends, and supporters to learn about current issues and policies affecting caregiving. The Arizona Caregiver Coalition will present the David Besst Award to an individual whose works and deeds have served to improve the quality of life for family caregivers and has inspired us to greater heights.
- Location: In 2021 we will have a virtual event (Zoom)
- There will be raffle prizes
- Two interactive breakout sessions: attendees will meet in small groups to share stories
- Click here to REGISTER
Key Agenda Items:
- 9:30 Welcome and Introductions
- Key themes:
- Advocating for caregivers – how to advocate and communicate your story
- Important issues in caregiving
- Sharing caregiver stories
- Build your support network
- 1:00 pm Close
Moderator: Brandon Baxter, Programs Manager NACOG Area Agency on Aging; President Arizona Caregiver Coalition
Presentation on advocacy, how to frame your message: Brendon Blake, Sr Program Specialist, AARP Arizona
How many people can attend?
This is a virtual event and registration will be available to caregivers and professionals statewide.
How can I sign up for respite services?
Call or e-mail us to ask about our respite vouchers.